[Tkinter-discuss] Okay, this one really has me baffled --KeyboardInterrupt signal not working!

Jared Cohen Jared.Cohen at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 18 21:04:54 CEST 2005

Well, I tried your suggestion, but no dice. The problem is that the
system command I'm calling, immediately forks several other processes
which actually do the work; the initial process seems to be just a
dummy. But I can't get the PIDs of those child processes, so I can't
kill them from inside the program. In fact, the os.kill() method doesn't
even seem to work on the initial, dummy process. I don't think this
route is going to pan out. Thanks anyway, though.

However, as I said previously, if I physically go into the terminal
window and hit Ctrl-C, the interrupt signal works. What I need is some
way to do that from inside my program; that is, to send the interrupt
signal directly to the controlling terminal. Any ideas?