[Tkinter-discuss] Re: Yet Another Table widget...

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:00:41 CET 2005

Nice work, Martin!  I especially liked the way you provided a web page
with detailed instructions on how you did the conversion so that
others can use it as a guide for their own requirements if they
discover other Tcl widgets that would be useful to use under Python.

In addition, you provided a simple test for the widget so someone can
get an immediate example of the widget in use.  Fredrik Lundh could
take a page from your book!

I see you did your work under Linux.  Have you tested it at all under
Windows? For me under Win2k, when I try to run the example, I get the
following error complaining about the tablelist::tablelist that you
spent so much time on. Same error with both standard and scroll-bar
version of the tablelist:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "TableList.py", line 1049, in ?
    selectmode="extended")
  File "TableList.py", line 999, in __init__
    self.tablelist = TableList(self, **kw)
  File "TableList.py", line 55, in __init__
    Widget.__init__(self, master, 'tablelist::tablelist', cnf, kw)
  File "c:\python24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1861, in __init__
    self.tk.call(
_tkinter.TclError: invalid command name "tablelist::tablelist"

--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca
stewart.midwinter at gmail.com