[Tkinter-discuss] GCC Error when building under Irix 6.5

Tim Jones tjmac at tolisgroup.com
Mon Mar 28 20:08:12 CEST 2005

HI Folks,

I'm working on a port of a Python/Tkinter project to Irix 6.5, but
attempts to compile results in a GCC error of a type I've not seen
before.  Python 2.3.3 by itself builds properly.  This turns out to be
an issue with the optimization flag.  If any of you run into this,
start by checking the -O flag in your Python Makefile.  If this is a
FAQ, sorry but I couldn't find it via Google.

Tim
--
Tim Jones					tjmac [at] tolisgroup [dot] com

Example of the GCC error:

gcc -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -I.
-I./Include  -DPy_BUILD_CORE  -c ./Modules/timemodule.c -o
Modules/timemodule.o
./Modules/timemodule.c: In function `floattime':
./Modules/timemodule.c:941: Internal compiler error in
`gen_tagged_type_instantiation_die', at dwarf2out.c:9308
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/faq.html#bugreport> for
instructions.
make: *** [Modules/timemodule.o] Error 1
Command returned 2