[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter-discuss Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1

Cameron Laird Cameron at Phaseit.net
Tue May 3 17:40:15 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:38:23AM -0700, Harlin Seritt wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> I had some trouble doing something like this when I was trying to write a balloon widget. I was using while, threading, etc... Try changing your act() method to this:
>
>     def act(self):
			.
			.
			.
>         self.master.after(1000, self.act)
>
> Tk().after(milliseconds, method/function to call) is great for this sort of thing.
			.
			.
			.
Seconded:  while there are a number of ways to implement concurrency
in Tkinter, this "self-scheduling" partition into little event-chained
segments is the one I generally consider most apt.