[Tkinter-discuss] Internationalising Tkinter

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Fri May 6 11:58:22 CEST 2005

Hi all,

As the subject says my boss in his infinite wisdom has asked me to
investigate "Internationalizing Tkinter"  By this I mean I have a Python
& Tkinter application that among other things produces reports (using
the Canvas postscript method)  What I would very much like to do is have
this application display widgets in different languages (just Spanish
for now but I would like to build / use a frame work where any language
python / Tk supports may be used)

I have googled for "Internationalizing python" and came up with this
excellent article (still reading through it as I write this) but it is
quite old and I wonder if it's a little out of date.

http://python.fyxm.net/workshops/1997-10/proceedings/loewis.html

Any hints, docs, links etc would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Martin.