[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter-discuss Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5

Opstad, Dave dave.opstad at monotypeimaging.com
Fri Dec 8 16:41:20 CET 2006

I've always disliked the "from xxx import *" paradigm, specifically because
it makes it harder to recognize where certain symbols come from. As the Zen
of Python teaches us, "Namespaces are one honking great idea!"

As an alternative I use "import Tkinter as T". This doesn't increase the
typing burden much --- Button(...) becomes T.Button(...) --- but it always
allows me to recognize any symbols belonging to Tkinter's namespace.

Just my two cents.

Dave