[Tkinter-discuss] Getting labels from a Text field

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Sun Dec 10 23:25:00 CET 2006

Re: [Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter-discuss Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5I have a "form" in my program that has a Text() field with a little text, some Buttons with pictures, and some Labels inserted into it.  If I just do a Text().get(0.0, END) all I get is the text.  Is there a way to get, pardon my C, a pointer to the Labels so I can cget the text from them?

A picture of my form: www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/getem.jpg

I specifically want the 7-digit number in the light blue areas (the Labels).  I can keep a list of the numbers as I insert the Labels, but the user may edit some of them out of the list (like with the keyboard), so then my list wouldn't match.

Thanks!

Bob