[Tkinter-discuss] My (small) program crashes on windows and linux. Why?

Amanjit Gill amanjit.gill at gmx.de
Tue Feb 14 22:44:22 CET 2006

Chris Niekel wrote:

> Indeed, changing it to column=d/100 works as well. column and row should
>
>be < 9999, otherwise it crashes. Not a real problem ofcourse.
>
>I knew the numbers are weights, that's why I didn't bother to scale them
>and just used the numbers I already have available.

Hi there, I took a look at the Tk sourcecode, its limited by default .. see

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tktoolkit/tk/generic/tkGrid.c?view=markup

//* * Data structures are allocated dynamically to support arbitrary
sized * tables. However, the space is proportional to the highest
numbered slot * with some non-default property. This limit is used to
head off mistakes and * denial of service attacks by limiting the amount
of storage required. *//
#*define* MAX_ELEMENT 10000

and

.\tkGrid.c:2216: