[Tkinter-discuss] Fwd: tkinter on Cygwin

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 01:39:09 CET 2006

I'm testing a small Tkinter app on Cygwin, and have noted a problem
behaviour with tkMessageBox showinfo method (I presume the problem
would also occur with showwarning or showerror).  Msg text in the
showinfo dialog is not visible, nor is the text in the OK button.

If I put the same message text into a label and display that label in
a Toplevel widget, the text is visible.

I note that tkMessageBox code (created by Fredrik Lundh way back in
1997!) inherits from Dialog, and passes options to it.  I wonder if,
in cygwin, I need to explicity set a font family or type, or a text
colour, and if so, how to do that?  I tried adding a font parameter to
the showinfo method call, but it only accepts default, icon, message,
parent, title or type.

thanks,
--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca
stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Skype, GoogleTalk, iChatAV, MSN, Yahoo: midtoad
AIM:midtoad1