[Tkinter-discuss] Pmw problem in cygwin with Tkinter

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Sun Jan 8 17:09:06 CET 2006

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 11:26:40 -0700
Stewart Midwinter <stewart.midwinter at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Stewart,

> you tested my apps on a linux box and not on cygwin?   The apps run
> fine on linux, it's cygwin that is the problem.

that's what I thought, it's just because you wrote that you think it's Pmw that causes the
problems. Unfortunately I don't have a windows box here for testing.
Have you tried to narrow down the problem, for example do the Pmw demos work?

I think on windows Tk uses for both the MessageBox and the menus native windows controls,
so I think the problem might be running Tk from cygwin.

Regards