[Tkinter-discuss] Keeping keyboard focus when window iconified (Win XP) ?

francois schnell francois.schnell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:12:31 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm doing a small program to capture screenshots.

But obviously I don't wan my GUI to be visible during the sreenshots and I
want to continue to take sreenshots (with my key binding) even when the
program doesn't have the main focus anymore.

I'm running Python 2.4 on Win XP Family.

Do you have an idea how I could do this ?

Thanks in advance

francois

---
import sys, os, msvcrt, Image, ImageGrab
from Tkinter import *
from os import chdir

def exitapp():
    fen1.quit()
    fen1.destroy()

i=0
def screenshot(event):
    fen1.iconify()
    global i
    print " screen !"
    i= i+1
    name = "session1picture"
    name= name + str(i)
    print name
    myscreen= ImageGrab.grab()
    myscreen.show()
    myscreen.save("C:/"+name+ '.jpeg')
    fen1.deiconify()

def invisible():
    fen1.iconify()

#GUI launch
fen1=Tk()
fen1.title("Screenshots Tests")
bu11=Button(fen1, text='screenshot')
fen1.bind("s",screenshot)
#fen1.bind_all("s",screenshot)
bu11.bind("<Button-1>",screenshot)
buQuit=Button(fen1, width= 20, text='Quitter',command=exitapp)
bu12=Button(fen1, text='invisible', command=invisible)

bu11.pack()
bu12.pack()
buQuit.pack()

fen1.mainloop()