[Tkinter-discuss] Canvas pixels

Cameron Laird Cameron at phaseit.net
Mon Jul 3 17:22:13 CEST 2006

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 08:19:29AM -0500, Jeff Epler wrote:
			.
			.
			.
> > is there a way to get the RGB color, pixel by pixel, of a tkinter.Canvas?
>
> No, tk doesn't provide a way to do this.
			.
			.
			.
True.

This annoyed me so much, though, that I researched it a tiny
bit more.  The Img extension, as it happens, can snapshot a
canvas into a photo, and Tkinter itself can report on the
pixel values in a photo image.

That's as good as it gets, apparently.  What I don't know is
whether Tkinter supports Img at all; I must confess that I'm
only aware of its availability for Tcl/Tk.