[Tkinter-discuss] Trouble quitting a Tkinter app on Windows

Stewart Midwinter stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:21:18 CET 2006

I've had that same error message using Pmw widgets.

Yes, I use root.destroy(), and no, I don't have the problem any more.

    def end(self):
        '''# Quit Scenario Manager Application'''
            try:
                root.destroy()
            except TclError:
                #exception occurs if busyBar is active when we quit
                pass
            if self.debug: print "ran root.destroy"
            sys.exit(0)

On 3/17/06, Russell E. Owen <rowen at cesmail.net> wrote:

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.

cheers

--
Stewart Midwinter
stewart at midwinter.ca
stewart.midwinter at gmail.com
Skype, GoogleTalk, iChatAV, MSN, Yahoo: midtoad
AIM:midtoad1