[Tkinter-discuss] Tix question [possibly off-topic]

Gerardo Juarez gerardo at computo-industrial.com.mx
Tue Mar 28 23:09:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

I need widgets which are a bit more elaborated than what Tk offers as
standard. I checked Tix and it works well in Linux. The problem is with
Windows, because the Tix documentation says Tix is installed with 2.2.2,
the source Tix.py is broken and should be replaced with the source from
the distribution. There is, in fact, a Tix.py file in the 'site-packages'
folder, but replacing it does not make it work. This is the source and the
error:

import Tix
root = Tix.Tk()

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#1>", line 1, in ?
    root = Tix.Tk()
  File "C:\PYTHON22\lib\lib-tk\Tix.py", line 211, in __init__
    self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
TclError: can't find package Tix

Since there seem to be many paths out of this problem I would like to
receive your suggestions before I set out to follow any one of them.

Thank you,
Gerardo