[Tkinter-discuss] Windows beautification

Sorin Schwimmer sxn02 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 23 17:22:25 CET 2006

Hello again,

Thanks for replys. I should have pointed out that I'm on Linux, with KDE.

> On linux (with IceWM) the iconwindow is not visible, but at least the Toplevel
> disappears and Tk does not complain. Maybe it works on windows.
>
> Michael

Same happens to me. I started exploring the Label idea based on Fredrik's Lundh suggestion in
http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/x9905-icon-methods.htm

It may be that I misunderstood his method.

> iconbitmap is capable of readiong windows .ico files and it can simply set
> the icon, so you dont have to go in to all the hacking of label image tk etc
> etc.

The above-mentioned piece of documentation states that iconbitmap works with
monochrome icons; I'd like to go Kodak

For the 2nd point, I thought that things like colormapwindows may be useful. But I don't
know what args to pass, and how to experiment with it, so it led me to the third point.

I read the suggested material, but it's too brief for my level of knowledge. Is there something
more detailed available, to explain what goes in colormapwindows, or in command?

Thanks again,
Sorin

http://new.mail.yahoo.com