[Tkinter-discuss] First timer using tkinter

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 21:54:32 CET 2006

This is the first time I've used tkinter. Windows XP is the platform

The program I want to write is pretty simple.

I've read through some online tutorials, however, I'm looking for some
examples of

1. How to keep a tkinter gui on top of all other windows/apps, and how to
programmatically enabled/disable the "on-top" feature, if possible

2. I'm using the Python interpreter in interactive mode for input, but I'd
like a small tkinter Window displayed above it to show the value of some
important variables
    (this is what I need the OnTop option for).

   If possible, I'd like to couple the console window together with a small
Tkinter window to display some important variables.

   I would like to find a example that shows how to put the python
interpreter console window and a small tkinter window "together", one above
the other.

thanks