[Tkinter-discuss] Stumped

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Tue Nov 28 20:03:33 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Sorin Schwimmer
To: tkinter-discuss at python.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [Tkinter-discuss] Stumped

I never tried Bob's Greschke idea of using update() in a callback, because
of this reason:

I've thought about that from time-to-time too, but I've never seemed to run
into any problems.  I wonder if it is something like on_button() will only
be called if the Go button is pushed, and it doesn't call any other
function, and/or it doesn't generate any other events kindof a thing?
on_button() is so simple that it never gets itself into trouble?  I use it
quite a bit like after setting the text of a status message field to make
sure the message (and maybe a beep) gets displayed, though most of the time
I call it on the item that I am writing to or working with (like
Text().update() or Button().update(), and not Root.update()).  B.update(),
instead of Root.update() will also work in the example program.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.