[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter and IDLE

Metz, Bobby W, WWCS bwmetz at att.com
Sat Oct 21 06:27:42 CEST 2006

How are you starting IDLE?  When I edit my programs via IDLE you can run
the app without the mainloop call to display the GUI and allow
interaction while still accessing the vars and such via the IDLE window.
Are you wanting to load existing code that displays a button but leaves
your IDLE session, for lack of a better word, blocking in the mainloop
so students can manually enter code that affects the program?