[Tkinter-discuss] Opening Tkinter widgets in remote displays

Gerardo Juarez gerardo at computo-industrial.com.mx
Mon Oct 30 18:29:55 CET 2006

Hola Jose,

As far as I know, there is nothing non-standard in Tkinter or the
underlying Tk library with respect to X11. Any application written for X11
should display if there is an X server available. What usually happens is
that the application/originating host do not have the authorization to
display. This should be within your control, if you have administrative
authorization on the target machine. A different story would be if there
is some sort of filtering that disallows X messages. A site which only
accepts httpd and ssh traffic would be an example.

saludos
Gerardo