[Tkinter-discuss] Minimizing a Python/Tk application

Metz, Bobby W, WWCS bwmetz at att.com
Wed Sep 20 19:02:52 CEST 2006

What type of window are you displaying?  It sounds like you're tying the
withdraw code to a button or something for a user to click; otherwise,
you would have some event or other sub-routine that fires the deiconify
later based on conditions or program flow.  In my example below, as long
as you have a variable pointing to the window you can call the deiconify
at any time.  If there is a simple minimize instead of hide...I don't
remember what that function is.