[Tkinter-discuss] Fwd: Tix hlist-clearing selection

James Brotchie brotchie at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 06:50:55 CEST 2007

Hey Hani,

Are you sure you are calling the selection_clear method of the hlist child
widget and not the parent tree?

eg.
tree = Tix.Tree(root)
tree.hlist.selection_clear()

If you look in Tix.py you can see that Tree is a compound widget containing
two scrollbars and a hlist.

class Tree(TixWidget):
    def __init__(self, master=None, cnf={}, **kw):
        TixWidget.__init__(self, master, 'tixTree',
                           ['options'], cnf, kw)
        self.subwidget_list ['hlist'] = _dummyHList(self, 'hlist')
        self.subwidget_list['vsb'] = _dummyScrollbar(self, 'vsb')
        self.subwidget_list['hsb'] = _dummyScrollbar(self, 'hsb')

Thus to clear the hlist selection you must address the child hlist directly
and not its parent Tree widget.

Cheers,
James