[Tkinter-discuss] General Doubt about tkinter windows...

mkieverpy at tlink.de mkieverpy at tlink.de
Mon Dec 3 13:20:57 CET 2007

Hi José,

>I am trying to develop a simple application in python (I am very newby), but
>I have some general doubts
 my main window is Tk(), I am using grid manager,
>and when in the application user changes the view, what I do is take a frame
>out of the grid and put another one (and sometimes there are position
>changes of other remaining frames :-S). My doubt is how can I change the
>window?? Because if I use Toplevel window, main window remains under it, and
>user can also continue changing it, what I don’t want, I just want one
>active window in every moment. Could you give me some hints of how doing it?

please state your problem more clearly.
Also: Try to ask one question at a time.

At the moment I can only guess:
Is your problem about modal / non-modal dialogs
like in a 'file-open'- or 'colour-chooser'-dialog?

Regards,
Matthias Kievernagel
(mkiever/at/web/dot/de)