[Tkinter-discuss] Canvas margins?

CarlG carlgiesberts at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 9 20:47:59 CET 2007

I am just starting out with Tkinter, but I am sort of a perfectionist...

I am not quite sure how things work exactly with sizes and positions, but
I've run into something to which I see no apparent solution..

I create a window, and give that a background-color and a width and height.
This works fine, but when I add a canvas to the window, this canvas seems to
have a margin of several pixels on all sides, thus making the window wider
and higher. Can this be removed in any way? Has it got to do with an option
I a missing, or with the anchoring or positioning of the canvas?

Any help would be appreciated,

Carl