[Tkinter-discuss] Canvas margins?

Bob Greschke bob at greschke.com
Mon Dec 10 01:19:18 CET 2007

Set the bd to 0: Canvas(Frm, width = x, height = ... bd = 0)

Most, if not all, systems add a border (like a width of 2 or so
pixels) to the Canvas and the pixel counts get thrown off by that
amount when you are trying to figure out the size of the Canvas and/or
where to put things on the Canvas.  If you need a border to make
things look good (like a sunken border around a graphing area) make a
sub-Frame of your root window and set its border width to 2 or
whatever, relief to SUNKEN, and then stick your canvas on to it.

Bob