[Tkinter-discuss] TkAqua question

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Dec 22 17:21:28 CET 2007

Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>   Do you mean something like:
> APP = ['MyApp.py']
> OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True, 'resources':
> ['/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Tk']}
> setup(
>     app=APP,
>     data_files=DATA_FILES,
>     options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
>     setup_requires=['py2app'],
> )
> Do I have to tell Tkinter where to find the framework?

py2app looks in /Library/Frameworks by default to find Tcl and Tk. It
won't wrap the stuff that Apple provides in /System/Library. If you have
a universal build of Tcl/Tk 8.4.x in /Library/Frameworks you should be
fine. You also need to make sure that you wrap both Tcl and Tk, Tk won't
work without Tcl.framework being included also.

Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin