[Tkinter-discuss] TkAqua question

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Dec 22 17:21:28 CET 2007

Michael O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
>   Do you mean something like:
>
> APP = ['MyApp.py']
> DATA_FILES = []
> OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True, 'resources':
> ['/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Tk']}
>
> setup(
>     app=APP,
>     data_files=DATA_FILES,
>     options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
>     setup_requires=['py2app'],
> )
>
> Do I have to tell Tkinter where to find the framework?

py2app looks in /Library/Frameworks by default to find Tcl and Tk. It
won't wrap the stuff that Apple provides in /System/Library. If you have
a universal build of Tcl/Tk 8.4.x in /Library/Frameworks you should be
fine. You also need to make sure that you wrap both Tcl and Tk, Tk won't
work without Tcl.framework being included also.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin