[Tkinter-discuss] redirecting Python stdout/stderr to a Tkinter text widget from an embedded Python application

Bernard B Yoo Bernard.B.Yoo at aero.org
Mon Dec 31 19:49:31 CET 2007

Hi,

I have a Python module that redirects stdout/stderr to a Tkinter text
widget.  When I run this from the Python interpreter, it behaves as I
expect.  When I run it from a Python batch file, it also behaves as
expected.

When I embed the module in a C program, the Tkinter text widget does not
appear.

Is there something special I must do in embedded Python programs to make
Tkinter widgets appear?

Bernard B. Yoo