[Tkinter-discuss] ImageTk.PhotoImage and semi-transparent images

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Thu Feb 1 11:39:41 CET 2007

Hello,

I noticed that some images do not display correctly when using
an ImageTk.PhotoImage . It seems like this only affects images
containing semi-transparent pixels (?); I have uploaded an example
of what I mean to <http://klappnase.zexxo.net/Tkimg_vs_PIL.html>.

Does anyone know if there is anything I missed to avoid this effect?
I ask because in my app I currently use Tkimg to display icons and PIL
for resizing and I would like to get rid of Tkimg, if possible.

Thanks in advance