[Tkinter-discuss] fonts in python app

SainTiss saintiss at gmx.net
Fri Jan 5 10:21:54 CET 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to get this python app (atom3) running, which used to work
perfectly fine, but now insists on showing all messages (any GUI text for
that matter) in some greek-looking font (probably "symbol" or something).

Mind you, the messages are NOT greek, but english, just the font looks greek.

That makes me conclude what I need is a change of font, but the question is
how do I do that?

the source code is not really desirable.

I'm suspecting that the mapping on my system for e.g. helvetica somehow points
to "symbol". Is there a way to change this?

I'm using debian linux btw, with python 2.4.4

Thanks,

Hans

--
A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment
  -- Willis Player

Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)
http://www.win.ua.ac.be/~hschipp/
Formal Techniques in Software Engineering (FoTS)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen - Belgium
Phone: +32 3 265 38 71