[Tkinter-discuss] Resetting to default background color

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Fri Jan 19 10:14:43 CET 2007

Dear All,

How can I reset the background color of widget to the default one?

Imagine that I create an entry widget with a specific background color
i.e. white

e=Entry(root, background="white")

and at a later state I want to configure the color to the default system
one (equivalent like when I create it: e=Entry(root))

I've tried

e["background"] = ""                    # didn't work

e["background"] = None              # nothing

del e["background"]                    # neither