[Tkinter-discuss] Mulitple root windows

Vasilis Vlachoudis Vasilis.Vlachoudis at cern.ch
Tue Apr 8 22:49:46 CEST 2008

In my application I wanted to have a help window which is responsive at
all times even if a dialog issues a grab_set.

I solved the problem by starting the Help window as a second root window
with Tk().Now my program is like the following, and in fact if I get the
grab from a dialog in rootmain the roothelp remains unaffected. What
happens with Tkinter and Tk in this case? Which mainloop should I call
(now I calling the main one and everything works in linux)?

rootmain = Tk()

roothelp = Tk()

# create frames etc...

rootmain.mainloop()