[Tkinter-discuss] Dynamic output of "DOS" command in tkinter

AbsoluteMatt mattx_13 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:15:57 CEST 2008

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here and my first time developing a tkinter app - so
please go easy:-) I have to say I have found it really nice so far, but am
struggling on one point.

What I want to be able to do is take a system command and "pipe" it to a
scrollable window, however I would like it to follow the execution of the
command dynamically. The command that I am running is not one that will
execute in a few seconds allowing me to send the result to a scrollable
window - which I understand how to do.
The link below shows an example of someone doing this:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2004-September/281344.html

What I am actually doing is running an oracle IMP command and would like to
follow the imported tables/rows etc from the app

Any suggestion about how to display in this way do this would be much
appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Matt