[Tkinter-discuss] Problems with a scrollbar on a listbox

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 07:30:56 CEST 2008

So I have a listBox and a scrollbar, both in the same frame. I have them set
up just as I do my text widgets, and they work just as they should. Here is
how I have it:

self.urlscrollbar = Scrollbar(self.insidebuffer1)
        self.urlscrollbar.pack(side=RIGHT, fill=Y)

self.diclistBox = Listbox(self.insidebuffer1, selectmode=MULTIPLE,
                                  yscrollcommand=self.urlscrollbar.set)
        self.diclistBox.pack(side=TOP, anchor=N, fill=BOTH)

I am on a mac if it matters. But what happens is they show up, and when the
list in the listbox is big enough, the bar turns blue like it is able to
scroll; but it doesn't function. Any ideas? Did I leave something out?