[Tkinter-discuss] changing the Entry 'show' option back to normal

Martin Franklin mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com
Mon Dec 15 08:51:20 CET 2008

Apologies to levi for sending directly to you at first, been a while
since I posted to a news group ;-)

Levi Starrett wrote:
> i'm trying to create a password system with the pmw notebook.
> i've succeeded in changing the entry show option to '*', but i can't
> figure out how to change it back to normal. thanks in advance.

As far as I can see there is no way to change what you see in the Entry
field back to its real value.. I guess the question is why would you
want to? The value when you 'get' it is the real value but what you see
(and cut / paste) will be the *'s