[Tkinter-discuss] tk_focusNext and tkfocusPrev

HWJ jarausch at skynet.be
Mon Feb 18 20:42:01 CET 2008

Russell E. Owen wrote:
> In article <47B3F0A1.5080206 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com>,
>  Martin Franklin <mfranklin1 at gatwick.westerngeco.slb.com> wrote:
> Actually a "window" in tk is a widget. A "whole window" is called a
> "toplevel" in tk. I find it disconcerting, but at least once I got the
> hang of that I found the tk documentation made a lot more sense.
> Also focusNext always stays within the current toplevel (according to
> the manual). But it looks like it only gives you the name of the next
> widget (window). So I think the solution to the original poster's
> question is:
> currWdg.tk_focusNext().focus_set()
> -- Russell
Hi, thanks for the hint, but unfortunately the bug is still there.
Please try the following script:
import Tkinter as Tk

def Proc_Enter(Event) :
  print "Enter - normally lookup a database"

root= Tk.Tk()
Nm_input= Tk.StringVar()
Nm_entry= Tk.Entry(root,textvariable=Nm_input)

City_input= Tk.StringVar()
City_entry= Tk.Entry(root,textvariable=City_input)

It still fails for me.

Sent from the Python - tkinter-discuss mailing list archive at Nabble.com.