[Tkinter-discuss] Is Rapyd-Tk still developing?

Cam Farnell hsa01 at bitflipper.ca
Sun Feb 24 18:30:31 CET 2008

Dick,

The answer is that Rapyd-Tk is developing, albeit slowly. The slow development is because:

1) Like everybody else I'm pretty busy.
2) I use Rapyd-Tk daily for major programs and have no serious issues; it just works.
3) No bugs have been reported and almost nobody has put in feature requests.

There is no intention of abandoning Rapyd-Tk and if someone submitted a report of a non-trivial bug
I would do my best to fix it promptly.

I have recently been contacted by a Mike Ward who is interested in adding Tix support. Assuming that
goes ahead, it will result in a new release and I would probably throw in some beetle corrections at
the same time.

So the short answer is go ahead and use Rapyd-Tk; it's an active project.

Cam Farnell