[Tkinter-discuss] Issue with scrolling in a Text() widget on a mac

Alexnb alexnbryan at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 06:12:25 CEST 2008

Hello everyone!

So, I have a texbox widget and I connected a scrollbar to it. On my PC
everything works great. But on my mac, you can't scroll when you click the
box and dragging the actual bar is very choppy. The only way it works like
it should is the actual arrow on the end of the bar. I am wondering if this
can be fixed? or is it just a weird bug you have to deal with?

Here is the code:

        self.scrollbar = Scrollbar(self.textFrameBuffer)
        self.scrollbar.pack(side=RIGHT, fill=Y)

        self.text = Text(self.textFrameBuffer,
                         yscrollcommand=self.scrollbar.set)
        self.text.pack(side=LEFT, fill=BOTH, expand=YES)