[Tkinter-discuss] [ANN] Ttk wrapper 0.0.9

Gerard flanagan grflanagan at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 09:00:09 CEST 2008

Guilherme Polo wrote:
> 2008/6/7 Guilherme Polo <ggpolo at gmail.com>:

>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> just a suggestion - how about some screenshots?
>>>

> I just created a new project at code.google.com to host it,
> http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/ or the direct link for some
> screenshots: http://code.google.com/p/python-ttk/wiki/Screenshots

Looks good, thanks.

But, a problem:

The only experience I have with Tkinter is via easygui

http://www.ferg.org/easygui

(which has its limitations, but i've found it invaluable for creating simple
'wizard' style interfaces for various configuration tasks.)

So, (on xubuntu Hardy) I did:

apt-get tk-tile
svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/ttk-gsoc ttk-trunk
updated PYTHONPATH
no problem with `import ttk`
as per the docs, edited easygui.py to include `from ttk import *`
below the line `from Tkinter import *`
but app fails immediately with the following traceback

   File "lib/_h2hdeploygui.py", line 374, in main
     choice = choicebox(MAIN_MSG, MAIN_MSG, MAIN.keys())
   File "lib/itsalib/util/easygui.py", line 611, in choicebox
     return __choicebox(message, title, choices)
   File "lib/itsalib/util/easygui.py", line 745, in __choicebox
     okButton = Button(buttonsFrame, takefocus=YES, text="OK", height=1,
width=6)
   File "/home/gerard/current/ttk-trunk/src/2.x/ttk.py", line 559, in
__init__
     Widget.__init__(self, master, "ttk::button", kw)
   File "/home/gerard/current/ttk-trunk/src/2.x/ttk.py", line 505, in
__init__
     Tkinter.Widget.__init__(self, master, widgetname, kw=kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1933, in __init__
     (widgetName, self._w) + extra + self._options(cnf))
TclError: unknown option "-height"

I noticed that there was a more recent easygui.py (73), but the same
result - app works without the ttk import, doesn't work with.

Fixable?

Gerard