[Tkinter-discuss] tkSnack

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Mon Jun 16 20:27:12 CEST 2008

Chris Maddison wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to the list. I'm a second year comp sci student putting together
> a small simple media library in Python for first year computer science
> students. I'd like to do sound, and as far as I can tell tkSnack is one
> of the simplest ways of doing that. Yet, with the lastest version I get
> the following error (I'm running this on Mac OS 10.5.3):
>
>  >>> import tkSnack
>  >>> from Tkinter import *
>  >>> root = Tk()
>  >>> tkSnack.initializeSnack(root)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File
> "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/tkSnack.py",
> line 21, in initializeSnack
>     Tkroot.tk.call('eval', 'package require snack')
> _tkinter.TclError: couldn't load file
> "/Library/Tcl/snack2.2/libsnack.dylib":
> dlopen(/Library/Tcl/snack2.2/libsnack.dylib, 10): no suitable image
> found.  Did find:
>     /Library/Tcl/snack2.2/libsnack.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>
> Has anyone seen this? Any known fixes?
>
> Thanks!
> Christopher Maddison

Looks like you might be using an out-of-date version of Tcl/Tk that was
built for the PowerPC architecture, instead of a universal binary
version that supports both on OS X.

I think Snack is also installed in /System/Library/Tcl. Try moving the
/Library/Tcl out of the way, and trying again. It should be the correct
architecture.
-
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin