[Tkinter-discuss] TclError when destroying parent windows

Jusa sj.m at iloinen.net
Sun Jun 29 11:00:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been browsing the tkinter documentation and I just can't seem to figure
out how to fix this problem. The problem is that I get one of the following:

TclError: bad window path name ".33475080.32213232"

or

TclError: can't invoke "toplevel" command:  application has been destroyed

when I destroy a parent window while child windows are being created. All of
the windows are subclassed from Toplevel, and I basically have a method
which creates a child window on a parent using the parent as the "master"
option, and it sounds like I should check whether the parent has been
destroyed before creating the child windows. However, I have no idea how I
might go about doing this.

Any help will be appreciated!