[Tkinter-discuss] how to search a directory from a Tkinter program

Tim Jones timj at tolisgroup.com
Wed Mar 19 16:22:11 CET 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 12:34 AM, brindly sujith wrote:

> hi
>
> i am developing an application in tkinter
>
> i want to know whether we have any option to search a directory
> from tkinter program
>
> please answer me

Brindly,

While many of us on the list would be glad to answer specific
implementation questions, you really need to gain a basic
understanding of Python and tkinter before you attack a full blown
application.  The questions that you continue to ask are nebulous and
basically translate to "I need a Python/tkinter application.  Will
you write it for me?"

In the time you've spent asking your questions, you could have delved
into the various Python and tkinter resources and gotten answers to
your questions and more - an understanding of how Python and tkinter
actually work. I suggest that you start here:

	http://python.org/doc/

Then look at:

	http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/

Work through the examples provided by both sites and learn the Python
and tkinter APIs ad SDKs before you undertake an actual application.
Once you have worked through those, you'll better understand what
questions to ask when you run into real confusion - questions that we
can actually answer.

Tim