[Tkinter-discuss] Tkinter in Python 2.6 under MacOSX

Michael O'Donnell michael.odonnell at uam.es
Mon Nov 17 23:58:05 CET 2008

Hi Guilherme,

> can't do much. So if you know how to fix it would be very nice to
> submit the patch to the bug tracker, because apparently issue4017
> stopped progressing.

Someone posted to the bugtracker the following:

--------------------
[Kevin's post of 6.Oct, 02:58]
You can avoid this problem by building Python yourself and putting
/Library/Frameworks first on the search path for Tcl/Tk. Look in
setup.py in the source code, around line  1438 (in the
'detect_tkinter_darwin' function), and either comment out
/System/Library or put it underneath /Library/Frameworks. This is what
the official build from Python.org should do--look first in
/Library/Frameworks and then fall back on /System/Library/Frameworks.
I'm not sure why it doesn't.

If that is all it takes to fix it, I've no idea why no-one
has done that and re-released the macosx distro.

I'll try and post on the python-dev list to see if
I can get some action.

Mick