[Tkinter-discuss] Fwd: Python + Tk/Tcl building

Tim Jones timj at tolisgroup.com
Wed Oct 1 17:53:33 CEST 2008

On Oct 1, 2008, at 8:22 AM, Алексей Макаров wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I want to build python with Tk/Tcl by mysel. When writing coomand
> ¨import Tkinter¨ tehere is an error
>

> import Tkinter
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> File "/usr/local/Py/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 38, in
> <module>
>   import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured
> for Tk
> ImportError: No module named _tkinter
>>

> I don understand, how should I bild python for it work correctly. Is
> there some options in ./configure command for this?

Hello Alexey,

In the case of TKinter, you need to make sure that the TCL/TK
developer sources are built and installed properly as the first step.
Once they are installed, you will need to edit your Python Modules/
Setup file and remove the comment symbols in front of the TKInter
entries that apply to what you are building.  You can find this by
searching for _tkinter once you've opened the Setup file in your editor.

HTH,
Tim