[Tkinter-discuss] Drop Down menu depicting system directory structure

Ashish Sethi ashishbitsgoa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:06:55 CEST 2008

Hi all
I am creating an application using Tkinter which requires user to
input a file address (complete path). I am currently using an Entry
widget for this. But I was wondering if I can use some other widget
like OptionMenu to depict the entire directory and file structure on
my machine so that the user can directly select any file rather than
typing the entire file path. Please suggest .
p.s.- I am working in unix environment