[Tkinter-discuss] Problems with using mouse in IDLE under Fedora

Michael O'Donnell michael.odonnell at uam.es
Fri Sep 26 11:03:50 CEST 2008

Dear All,

  Sorry for being off topic, but I cannot find a better contact point for
this problem, and I guess most of you use IDLE, some under Linux.

I have used IDLE without problem under Windows and Mac for years,
and am now working under Fedora 9.0/Gnome2.22.3, just installed IDLE via
installing python-tools 2.5.1-26-fc9

IDLE works fine, except I cannot select text within any IDLE window.
(I can move around using the keyboard). I can change the cursor
position with a Control-click, but not with a normal click.

I have seen 3 other users report this problem , but no solutions were
offered. Apparently it only affects some machines/configs.

Note: Desktop Effects are disabled.

Any help appreciated.

Mick