[Tkinter-discuss] Python with Snack

chachachacha chao.albert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:25:32 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to install the Snack library (so I can run it with Python
2.5.4).  I have Windows Vista and have been trying to install through the
command line.  I have downloaded the source release for Snack Version 2.2.10
from the page http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/download.html

The downloaded folder is on my desktop in a folder called snack.  Through
the command line, I tried to install the program:
C:\Users\user\Desktop\snack\python\setup.py install

It returns with:
running install
running build
running build_py
file tkSnack.py (for module tkSnack) not found
file tkSnack.py (for module tkSnack) not found
running install_lib
warning: install_lib: 'build\lib' does not exist --no Python modules to
install

running install_egg_info
Writing C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\tkSnack-2.2.10-py2.5.egg-info

I've also just tried to do:
C:\Users\user\Desktop\snack\python\python.py install
This didn't work either

I am very inexperienced in programming but am very eager to learn.  I know
this is something really simple but it would be great if someone could point
out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!
-Al