[Tkinter-discuss] Python with Snack

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Dec 3 16:54:49 CET 2009

On 12/3/09 10:40 AM, Michael Lange wrote:

> I don't know what's going wrong here, but I think it should be fine to
> simply copy the tkSnack module into Python's site-packages folder.

Will distutils/setuptools actually build the binary Snack library? It's
a Tcl/Tk library, not a Python library. tkSnack.py is just a wrapper.
The OP is probably better off downloading the Windows binary, installing
it in the appropriate directory (wherever the other Tcl/Tk libs are on
his system), and then trying to install tkSnack.py.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin