[Tkinter-discuss] Announcement: Tka11y 0.1.1 release - Accessibility-aware Tkinter
Allen.Taylor at mdacorporation.com
Wed Mar 25 21:00:41 CET 2009
Tka11y 0.1.1 is released. You can find it at http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Tka11y.
Changes from 0.1.0 to 0.1.1:
- Added emission of text, text attribute, value, and selection changes.
- This enhancement is based on proposed changes to Papi, and therefore will
not be realized until a new version of Papi (> 0.0.9) is released.
- Fixed reporting of text background color attribute for Entry and Spinbox
widgets in the readonly state.
- Fixed some value interface bugs in Scale and Scrollbar.
- Fixed selection interface bugs in Listbox.
- Ensured Entry and Spinbox widgets have an empty name. In the previous
version, the name was assigned the initial text contents of the widget, which
didn't make much sense.
- Made some other minor bug fixes.
>From the package description...
This module makes it possible for accessibility (a11y) clients (e.g., audible readers, magnifiers, etc.) to get accessibility data (name, description, role, actions, etc.) from the Tk widgets of Python applications that use Tkinter. It also allows automated GUI application testers that use the accessibility interface (such as dogtail, LDTP, and Accerciser) to control the Tk widgets of these applications.
Currently, accessibility is only available via ATK <=> AT-SPI on Linux. Sorry, no Windows MSAA support.
Allen B. Taylor
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Tkinter-discuss