[Tkinter-discuss] Grid Geometry Manager & ImageTk.PhotoImage

Michael Lange klappnase at web.de
Fri Oct 23 17:06:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:23:22 +0200
"Michael O'Donnell" <michael.odonnell at uam.es> wrote:

> Sorry, yes, I should have specified I am working under Windows,
> and was using python 2.5.4 with its default Tk.
>
> Which asked the question why you, a major Python/Tkinter user,
> have not upgraded to 2.6 let alone 3.1?
>
> (myself, I had problems with making standalone applications
> using py2exe under windows for Vista/Windows 7, so reverted
> to the one that worked, but that is not for a Tkinter list).
>
> Mick

Now I got curious and installed both python-2.5.4 and python-2.6.3 on my
old win2k box, and now I see what you mean. It has obviously nothing to
do with tcl- or python-versions and I tried several window managers
here under X and they all behave the same, so it seems to be a
difference between windows and X.
To solve this, it is surely the best to explicitely resize the canvas
when loading an image.

Michael