[Tkinter-discuss] How can I install or find ttk

Guido Carballo-Guerrero charras at me.com
Tue Apr 20 16:31:45 CEST 2010

Hello, I want to use Treeview, and apparently this is part of ttk. I have Python 2.6.5 install in my computer, which is running Windows XP. The problem I have is that Python can't find ttk. When I do:

>>> from Tkinter import ttk

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#11>", line 1, in <module>
    from Tkinter import ttk
ImportError: cannot import name ttk

I get the previous error. Can anybody tell me what is wrong? Or how can I use treeview. Maybe, somebody can even give me another option, instead of treeview, 'cause what I need is just display tables, but for what I have seen so far, treeview gives the better look option.

Guido