[Tkinter-discuss] problem with menus, Tkinter on macpython

Joe Barfett joebarfett at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 23 19:23:30 CEST 2010

Hello again,
The last time I updated, I think my code was scrambled. I am still having the same problem in that I cannot make a menu appear using Tkinter on macpython. The exact same code works very well on my PC.
This is the code:

from Tkinter import *
root = Tk()
def hello():
    print "hello!"
# create a toplevel menu
menubar = Menu(root)
menubar.add_command(label="Hello!", command=hello)
# display the menu
root.config(menu=menubar)
mainloop()

I'm using windows XP and python version 2.5 with Tkinter. A menu appears. The exact same code on OSX 10.5 and 10.5 in macpython will display a frame but no menu.
Can anyone help?
Thanks very much!
joe